Position: Senior Lecturer
Department: Accounting and finance
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 Nairobi 00100
Tel: 8710901/8711622 Ext 3542
Download Full CV
- K. Atheru (1989) CPA Part 1 Section II Business Finance Questions and Suggested Answers, Past Papers. December 1987 to December 1988. (A manual).
- K. Atheru (1990) “Budgetary Control- Strengths and Pitfalls”. The Accountant Journal of ICPAK, July 1990.
- K. Atheru (1987) Financial System in Kenya, An Historical Perspective. (An unpublished Thesis required in partial fulfillment of the requirement for M.Soc.Sc. Degree).
- K. Atheru, et alia (1995) Cost and Financing Examinations, a published project work done for the ministry of Education/ World Bank.
- K. Atheru, P.O. Digolo & A.O. Odhiambo (2001). Summative Evaluation of Langata Division Education Initiative, an unpublished research report financed by CUEA and AVSI, an Italian NGO.
- K. Atheru, et alia (2013) Lectures in Cost and Management Accounting”, a text in print.
- Gerald K. Atheru and Andrew Ongiri (2011) Financial Reporting and Interpretation an executive MBA online module
- Gerald K. Atheru and Andrew Ongiri (2012) Finance for Managers an executive MBA online module
- Attended Professional development seminars and Workshops on Lesson Planning, Instructional Objectives, Test Planning and Construction and Curriculum Design and Development. (February – July 1983 at Kenya Polytechnic, Nairobi)
- Resource person in “Budgetary Planning and Control” Seminar at Mid-West Hotel, Kericho 18th November – 20th November 1991.
- Presented a paper on “The role of Budgetary Committee” to the Kenyatta University annual senior staff management seminar held at the Golden Beach Hotel, Mombasa on 31st October to 4th November 1995.
- Presented a paper (jointly with Prof. D.W. Ndiritu and Dr. J.M. Chege) on “Self Sustaining programmes for Kenyatta University” to the Kenyatta University annual senior staff management seminar held at the Golden Beach Hotel, Mombasa on 31st October to 4th November 1995.
- Presented a Seminar paper on “Setting, marking and grading examinations, a Professional View” to a Faculty Seminar at the Greenhills Hotel in Jan 1997.
- Presented a paper (jointly with Prof. J.K. Gitobu, Dr. J.M. Chege and Dr. R. K’okul) on “A market survey on manpower needs and development in hotel and tourism industry” at a seminar on Gender Sensitive training and manpower development in hotel and tourism in the 21st Century: The role of the University in Kenya, at Safari Park Hotel on 26th- 27th March 1998.
- Presented a paper on Financial Accounting, Financial management and Management of Donor funds in a management development workshop for senior managers in the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock development and Marketing at Embu Agricultural Staff Training College on 27th April 1998.
- Resource person in a workshop on preparing case studies on selected African women entrepreneurs organized by Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Columbia Business School and Corporate Africa at Grand Regency Hotel from 7th to 18th Jan. 2002.
- Seminar paper on “Setting, marking and grading examinations, a Professional View” Presented to a Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Workshop at Catholic University of Eastern Africa (March 2002).
- Presented workshop papers on Finance and Resources and preparing business plans to entrepreneurs organized by AVSI an Italian NGO at St. Kizito Vocational Training Institute Nairobi (August 2002).
- Presented a seminar paper on “Developing and Managing a Financial Plan through Budgeting” at School Principals Seminar on 9th June 2003 at CUEA.
- External examiner (second round) in Business courses for Department of Business Studies and Economics, University of Nairobi 2004 to2008.
- External examiner in Accounting courses for the School of Business, University of Nairobi 2005 to 2009.
- External examiner in business courses for Africa Nazarene University June 2009 to present.
- External examiner in business courses Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology 2010 to present
- External examiner in business courses Karatina University College 2010 to present
- Resource person for the Commission for Higher Education in business programs 2006 to present.
- External Quality Assurance Peer for East African Universities appointed by Inter University Council of East Africa (IUCEA) November 2009 to present
Last Updated on Tuesday, 07 November 2017 14:15