Dr. Job Omagwa holds a Ph.D. (Finance) degree and an MBA (Finance) degree- both from the University of Nairobi and a BBA (Accounting and Management- Magna Cum Laude) degree from The University of Eastern Africa, Baraton. Dr. Omagwa has extensive experience in Banking practice, Operations Management, and Lectureship (at the University Level).
Currently, Dr. Omagwa is the Examinations Coordinator for Kenyatta University Nyeri campus where he equally served as the Postgraduate Coordinator. Dr. Omagwa has served in several departmental committees (relating to review of academic programmes) in the Department of Accounting and Finance, School of Business, Kenyatta University.
Dr. Omagwa has considerable experience in the corporate sector. He served as the Head of Credit/Advances at Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited (Murang’a Branch) in the period 2005-2006; he also served as an Operations Officer at Dubai Bank Kenya Limited. Dr. Omagwa equally worked with Doshi Group of Companies where he served as the Operations Coordinator for the 6 Companies which form the Doshi Group.
Dr. Omagwa has more than ten (10) years of experience at the University Level. He has lectured at several levels besides being an internal examiner and an external examiner. He has actively participated in teaching Ph.D., Msc, MBA, BCom and BBA programmes in Accounting and Finance areas of specialization. This applies to postgraduate and undergraduate levels with several Universities in Kenya which include: Kenyatta University, Daystar University, Kenya Methodist University, Catholic University of Eastern Africa, St. Paul’s University, Riara University, Moi University (Nairobi Campus) and Kenya School of Professional Studies. Dr. Omagwa has equally participated in curriculum development in some of these Universities.
Dr. Omagwa is an external examiner with Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) and Mount Kenya University. He has examined MBA projects and Ph.D. work for the two institutions. Dr. Omagwa has also internally examined Ph.D. (Finance) theses, MBA (Finance Projects) and MSc (Finance) theses for Department of Accounting and Finance, Kenyatta University.
Dr. Omagwa equally has extensive experience in research. He has successfully supervised close to one hundred (100) postgraduate students for MBA (Finance) Projects, MSc (Finance) Thesis, MBA (Finance) Dissertations and Ph.D. (Finance) theses for Kenyatta University, Daystar University, St. Paul’s University and Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology.
In addition, Dr. Omagwa has published several academic literature papers and empirical work in Refereed journals besides presenting papers in several international conferences.
Dr. Omagwa’s areas of interest include Banking, Real Estate Finance, Corporate Finance, Public Finance and Personal Finance.
- Brenda Molonko, Ambrose Jagongo, Job Omagwa, (2018) Debt Servicing and Sectoral Economic Growth in Kenya, Applied Economics and Finance Journal, Vol. 5, Issue No. 3, 100-107,
- Ruri Joseph & Omagwa, Job, (2018) Capital Structure and Financial Performance of Small and Medium Enterprises in Embu County, Kenya, IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 20, Issue No. 5, 01-10
- Ouma, Amabel, Job Omagwa, & Ngaba D., (2018) Financial Innovations and Performance of Deposit Taking SACCOs in Nairobi City County, Kenya , International Journal of Economics, Business and Management Research, ISSN 2456-7760.Vol. 2, Issue No. 2, 515-532,
- Andrew K. Govedi & Job Omagwa, (2018) Control Systems and Financial Performance of Public Institutions of Higher Learning in Vihiga County, Kenya, IOSR Journal of Business and Management, Vol. 20, Issue No. 4, 31-41 Internal
- Samuel Nathaniel Ampah, Jagongo Ambrose, Job Omagwa & Siaw Frimpong, (2017) Effect of Access to Credit and Financial Services on Poverty Reduction in Central Region of Ghana, Journal of Business and Social Sciences- ISSN 2219-1933; 2219-6021. Vol.8 Issue No. 8
- Merceline Mumbi & Job Omagwa, (2017) Credit Risk Management and Financial Performance of Selected Commercial Banks in Kenya, IOSR Journal of Business and Management-e-ISSN: 2278-487x, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Vol. 19, Issue No. 11
- Moranga Getii Kevin, Job Omagwa (2017), Debtors Management and Financial Performance of Selected Microfinance Institutions at Nairobi City County In Kenya, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 7, Issue 12, December 2017 464 ISSN 2250-3153
- Jerop Toroitich, Dr. Job Omagwa (2017), Credit Risk Management and Performance of Loan Portfolios among Saccos in Kisumu County, Kenya The International Journal Of Business & Management (ISSN 2321–8916) Vol 5 Issue 11
- Mumbi Wanjugu Mercylynne, Job Omagwa,(2017) Credit Risk Management And Financial Performance Of Selected Commercial Banks In Kenya,IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 19, Issue 11. Ver. VII (November. 2017), PP 92-98
- Hassan Issack Bulle, Job Omagwa,(2017) Financial Management and Financial Performance of Firms Listed under Manufacturing and Allied Sector at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya. The International Journal Of Business & Management (ISSN 2321–8916) Vol 5 Issue 11
- Joseph Kamunya, Job Omagwa (2017), Bancassurance and Profitability of Selected Commercial Banks in Kenya,The International Journal Of Business & Management (ISSN 2321–8916) Vol 5 Issue 11
- Irene Njoki Mbugua, Job Omagwa,2017, Agency Banking and Financial Performance of Commercial Banks in Embu County, Kenya. International Academic Journal of Economics and Finance | Volume 2, Issue 3, pp. 348-367
- Amphah S., Jagongo A., Omagwa J. and Fringpong S.,Effect of Internet Banking on Financial Performance of Listed Commercial Banks in Kenya.Journal of Business & Management- Vol. 5, No. 10 (2017)
- Edwin Mutura & Job Omagwa (2017) Challenges associated with Adoption of Agency Banking and Bank Performance: A Case of Selected Commercial Banks in Kenya. Journal of Business and Management- Vol. 19, No.4 (2017)
- Gladys Mwaniki, Job Omagwa,(2017), Asset Structure and Financial Performance: A Case of Firms Quoted under Commercial and Services Sector at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya Research Journal of Finance and Accounting-Vol. 8, No. 4
- Job Omagwa, Elijah Kihooto,Grace Reardon,(2017) Oil Retail Pricing and Price Controls: A Case of Oil Marketing Sector in Kenya Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development- Vol. 8, No.2
- Mateka M., Gogo J. & Omagwa J., Effect of Internet Banking on Financial Performance of Listed Commercial Banks in Kenya, *American Journal of Finance- Vol.1 No.2 (2016)
- Job Omagwa & Robert Odunga,(2016), Asymmetric Information, Demographics and Housing Decisions amongst Apartment Households in Nairobi County, Kenya, Journal of Business and Management- Vol. 18, No.11 (2016), pp57-69.
- Elijah Kihoto, Job Omagwa, Muturi Wachira, Emojong Ronald (2016), Financial Distress in Commercial and Services Companies Listed at Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya, European Journal of Business and Management- Vol. 8, No. 27 (2016), pp 86-89.
- Job Omagwa,Lucy Wamugo,(2016), A Profile of Urban Owner-Occupied Residential Households’ Characteristics in Nairobi City County, Kenya,Developing Country Studies,ISSN 2224-607X,ISSN 2225-0565,Vol 6, No.7, 2016
- Job Omagwa,Robert Odunga (2016),Securitization and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis of 2007-2008 ,Research Journal of Finance and Accounting,Vol.7,No.10,109-115.
- Job Omagwa and Josiah Aduda ,The Mediating Effect of Housing Search on the relationship between Demographics and Residential Housing Decisions amongst Apartment Households in Nairobi County, Kenya, Advances in Management & Applied Economics, vol. 5, no.4, 2015, 105-123,ISSN: 1792-7544 (print version), 1792-7552(online)Scienpress Ltd, 2015
- Job O. Omagwa1 and Josiah O. Aduda,The Influence of Demographics on Owner-Occupied Housing Decisions: A Case of Apartment Households in Nairobi County, Kenya Business & Entrepreneurship Journal, vol.4, no.1, 2015, 11-26,ISSN: 2241-3022 (print version), 2241-312X Scienpress Ltd, 2015
- The 20th Annual International Management Conference (AIMC) and 3rd International Conference of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (ICOLASS) held on 8th-10th September 2015 in Kampala, Asymmetric Information, Demographics and Housing Decisions amongst Apartment Households in Nairobi County, Kenya, Uganda- Hosted by Makerere University Business School.
- The 11th Operations Research and Enterprise Innovativeness in Emerging Markets (ORSEA) held on 1-2nd October2015 at Dar es Salaam, Tanzania- Conference hosted by University of Dar es Salaam School of Business.
- Job Omagwa and Erasmus Kaijage,Asymmetric Information, Demographics, and Housing Decisions amongst Apartment Households in Nairobi County, Kenya
- Makerere University, 2nd September 2015.
Last Updated on Friday, 18 May 2018 14:40