Title/Qualifications: PhD(Management Information systems)- Kenyatta University, Master of Science (Information Systems)- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Education (Science)- Kenyatta University, Diploma in Human Resource Management(Kenya Institute of Management)
Department/Section: Management Science, School of Business
Contact Address: Kenyatta University; Box 43844-00100, Nairobi
Position: Lecturer and Chairman of Management Science Department
Area of Specialization: Information Systems
Download Full CV
Dr. David M. Nzuki is a holder of PhD (Management Information Systems) from Kenyatta University (KU), MSc (Informations Systems) from the University of Nairobi, BED Science (Science) from KU, and Diploma in Human Resource Management (Kenya Institute of Management).He is a registered member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) and African Council for Distance Education (ACDE).
Dr. Nzuki is currently the Director of the Directorate of e-Leaning of Kenyatta University. He is experienced in the management of eLearning technologies and participates in local and international forums related to the same. He is the immediate former Deputy Director (Content Development & Delivery) in the Institute of Open, Distance & e-Learning (ODeL) which was been rebranded into the Digital School of Virtual and Open Learning of KU. He is a member of the KU’s ICT Board and Postgraduate Board of the Business School. Dr. Nzuki has previously served as; Coordinator of the Doctoral & MBA Programmes in the Business School, Acting Director of eLearning Coordinating Centre, Departmental Examinations Coordinator, and Departmental Postgraduate Studies Chairman.
Dr. Nzuki is an experienced postgraduate supervisor at the Doctoral and Masters levels in the areas of Information Systems and Project Management. Dr. Nzuki is very instrumental in the curriculum development for programmes such as; MBA (Management Information Systems), MA in Monitoring and Evaluation, Bachelor of Commerce (Management Information Systems), Master of Science in Computer Science, and Bachelor of Science in Information Technology. He is a researcher in the areas of Information systems and societal impacts.
- eLearning Technologies
- Information Systems
Dr Rose Njoroge & Dr David Nzuki (2017): eLearning Induction Model for the Uptake of Online Course: A Case of Kenyatta University. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Xplore Digital Library. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8102306/
Mzungu LA and Dr David Nzuki (2017). Effect of Information system User Skills among Staff Members and Infrastructure on the Performance of Universities in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of technology and systems (IJTS). Vol. 2, Issue 2 No. 5, pp 38 – 54, 2017. ISSN 2518-881X (Online)
Kenneth M. Iloka & Dr David Nzuki (2016). A Theoretical Review of Integration of Managed equipment Services and Delivery of Healthcare Services. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) . Volume 5 Issue 12, December 2016. https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v5i12/ART20163483.pdf
Mutuku Kaunda M & Dr DM. Nzuki (2016). User Acceptance and Usage of e-Learning Technologies: A Theoretical review. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) . Volume 5 Issue 12, December 2016. https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v5i12/ART20163483.pdf
Kiilu PK & Dr Nzuki DM (2016). Factors Affecting Adoption of Information Security Management Systems: A Theoretical Review. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) . Volume 5 Issue 12, December 2016. https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v5i12/ART20163482.pdf
Mwenemeru HK & Nzuki DM (2016). Internet of Things and Competitive Advantage. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) . Volume 5 Issue 11, November 2016. https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v5i11/ART20163226.pdf
John Wamai & Nzuki DM (2016). Determinants of Implementation and Adoption of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) . Volume 5 Issue 11, November 2016. https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v5i11/ART20163147.pdf
- F.K.Kiarie, D.M.Nzuki, A.W. Gichuhi. (2015). Influence of Socio-Demographic Determinants on Credit Cards Default Risk in Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR). Volume 4 Issue 5, May 2015.
- Dr. Nzuki, David M, Prof. William Okelo-Odongo (2015). Adoption of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems in Kenya: A Case of Selected Manufacturing Firms in Nairobi Metropolitan. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology. Vol. 5, No.2; April 2015.
- Michael K Maina & Dr David Nzuki (2015). Adoption Determinants of E-learning Management System in Institutions of Higher Learning in Kenya: A Case of Selected Universities in Nairobi Metropolitan: International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 6, No.2; February 2015;
- Malonza , Gladys Nduku , Dr. David Nzuki. (2014). Determinants of Adoption of Enterprise Resource Planning Systems by Listed Companies in Kenya. IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. Volume 16, Issue 8. Ver. III (Aug. 2014), PP 45-50
- Gitonga, R. ; Muuro, M. ; Nzuki, D. (2014). Students experiences of using Wiki spaces to support collaborative learning in a blended classroom: A case of Kenyatta and KCA universities in Kenya. Published in IST-Africa Conference Proceedings, May 2014.
- Lucy Gitau, Dr. David Nzuki. (2014). Analysis of Determinants of M-Commerce Adoption by Online Consumers. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 3; May 2014.
- David Muchangi Mugo, Dr. David Nzuki (Ph.D). Determinants of Electronic Health in Developing Countries. International Journal of Arts and Commerce, Vol. 3 No. 3, April, 2014.
- Josphat Kisuo Kyalo, Dr. David M. Nzuki. (2014). Determinants of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Integration in Tertiary Institutions. International Journal of Education and Research Vol. 2 No. 3 March 2014.
•Management University of Africa(Coursework Examination:2014-Up-to-date)
•Kenya Methodist University (Postgraduate theses: 2012-2013)
•African Council for Distance Education (ACDE)
•Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
- African Council for Distance Education (ACDE)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Workshops and Conferences Attended
- Attended meeting for African Council for Distance Education (ACDE) at Catholic University of Mozambique at Beira on 21st to 24th March 2018.
- Attended workshop for African Council for Distance Education (ACDE) at Abuja (Nigeria) on 23rd to 26th February 2016
- Attended eLearning Workshop at Dar-es-salaam (Tanzania) on 16th and 16th September 2015
- Kenyatta University ICT Strategic Plan Development workshop held at Machakos, March 2015
- Attended ACDE workshop at Catholic University of Mozambique at Beira on 27th February 2015.
- Attended ACDE workshop hosted by the Zimbabwe Open University at Harare on 11th November 2014.
- International Conference on Ubiquitous Learning at Shanghai Open University, China on June 2014.
- Kenyatta University Managers Workshop on eLearning held at Mombasa, April 2014
- Africa Council for Distance Education meeting held at Lusaka (Zambia) on October 2013
- Africa Council for Distance Education meeting held at Abuja (Nigeria) on 4th December 2013
- Africa Council for Distance Education meeting held at Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) on 14th-15th February 2014
- African Virtual University Capacity Enhancement Program (ACEP) Workshop held at Nairobi (Intercontinental Hotel) on 15th – 22nd November 2013
- Management science Curriculum Development workshop held at Embu on June 2013
- Cisco Networking Academy Instructors Workshop held at Makerere University (Kampala-Uganda) on May 2013
- April 2014- Up-to-date: Director, Directorate of e-Learning
- Aug. 2013-April 2014: Deputy Director, Institute of Open, Distance & e-Learning (ODeL)
- June 2012- Aug. 2013: Coordinator, Doctoral & MBA Programmes Unit
- 2012-2013: Chairman of Postgraduate Committee, Management Science Dept
- 2009-2010: Examinations Coordinator, Management Science Department
- January – May 2007: Acting Director, e-Learning Coordinating Centre