I am Dr. Felistus Hildah Makhamara, a Lecturer at the Department of Human Resource Management in the School of Business at Kenyatta University. A highly self- motivated lecturer and Researcher in Human Resource Management. As a lecturer , I endeavor to lead the department to realize operational excellence in all its core activities. In performing my core duties as a lecturer in the department of teaching, examining, researching, mentoring and guiding them to achieve their goals. Before joining the Department of HRM I have been an Assistant Registrar to the Dean in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences where I have been a secretary to various boards i.e. Linkages board, Secretary to School Management Board, Secretary to the School Research and Travel Grant, Chairperson of the School ISO Quality Team, among others. I have been incharge of all the postgraduate students at the school monitoring assessing their Thesis/project progress and documentation among others.I have also had a key role in the design and delivery of a range of modules on the HRM postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes at the School. And I am a member of two professional boardies and supervisor of Masters students at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
Areas Of Specialization and Interest
- Training in Strategic Human Resource management practices in public sector
- Administration and management matters
- Student Mentorship in Higher Education across cultures
- Public relations and communication in higher education
Conference Paraticipation And Community Service
- 2001 – International Conference on Transformation of Higher Education Management and Leadership for Efficacy in Africa, held at Kenyatta University.
- 2002 – Served as Secretary to the Association of African Universities (AAU) Conference, held at Safari Park Hotel.
- 1993-2003- Served as Secretary to the Management Board Seminars for Kenyatta University, held in Mombasa.
- 2000 – National Conference on Higher Education for Human Development in Kenya. Held at Kenyatta International Conference Centre.
- 1999- National Conference on Student Leadership Delinquency, Guidance and Counseling and Pastoral Care in Schools, held at Kenyatta University.
- 2005 – Grant Proposal Writing Workshop organized by Kenyatta University and National Council for Science & Technology held at Kenyatta University.
- May, 2009 – Customer Care Skills Workshop organized by Centre for Capacity Building and Development at Kenyatta University.
- January 2012 - Curriculum Development Committee for School of Humanities and Social Sciences workshop held at Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
Publication Of Articles
- Makhamara F,H, Prof. Namusonge, G.S. (2013) Factors Influencing Employee Participation in Public Institutions; ‘, Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management vol. 37, 96-122.
- Makhamara, F.H., Waiganjo E.W., Kwasira, J. (2016) Influence of Strategic Employee Voice on Employee Performance in the Health Sector in Kenya;, Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, ISSN 2312-9492.
- Makhamara, F.H., Waiganjo E.W., Kwasira, J. (2016) Influence of Strategic Recruitment and Selection on Employee Performance in the Health Sector in Kenya;, Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, ISSN 2312-9492.
- Makhamara, F.H., Mwathe J. (2017), The Influence of Strategic Employee Welfare Services on Employee Performance in Level Five Public Hospitals In Kenya, (Submitted for Publication)
Professional Affiliations And Consultancies
- Full member: Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Associate Member: Kenya Institute of Management (AKIM)
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – Consultant
- Mt. Kenya University Associate Consultant.
Last Updated on Thursday, 10 May 2018 12:23