DR. ELISHIBA MUTHONI MURIGI
Title: PhD, MBA, BA Hons, ICM, MMSK
Dr. Elishiba Murigi, holds a Doctor of Philosophy (Marketing), Master’s degree (Strategic Management) and BA First Class Honors (Business Studies and Sociology). She has Twenty (20) years profile experience in Strategic Management, Communication, Public Relations, Marketing and Brand Management in the banking, professional examinations and academic development industries. Consultant in Communication, Strategic planning, Marketing, Branding, Consumer behavior and Customer service.
Dr Elishiba Murigi has worked with various Government agencies and private corporations locally and internationally with a mandate to develop their strategic marketing and customer service programmes in the banking, professional examinations and academic development industries .She has also been instrumental in the development of various strategic plans and implementation of the same. She has worked as an Examination Co-ordinator, (School of Business, Kenyatta University), Corporate Affairs Manager (KASNEB), Assistant Marketing Manager (KASNEB), Corporate Service Assistant (Barclays Bank) and as a Procedure Development Specialist (Barclays Bank, Pan-Africa). She is currently the Online Communications Manager (Kenyatta University) and the Patron of the Marketing Students Association, Kenyatta University where she continually mentors and develops marketing professionals.
Area of Specialization
- Marketing: Relationship, Service, Digital and Online Marketing, Green, Social
- Brand Management
- Building and Maintain a personal brand
- Public Relations and Customer care
- Strategic Management and Planning
- Communication Management
- New Product Planning and Management
- Young Leaders development
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Crisis communication
- Research Skills Development
Publications in Referred Journals
- Koskei B & Murigi E.M (2021) Constructs Of Quality Management And Organizational Performance Of Nakuru Water Sanitation And Services Company In Nakuru County, Kenya International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) Volume 8 Issue 4
- Kimiti P , Muathe SMA & Murigi EM (2020) Gender of Respondents and Performance of Functional areas of milk processing firms in Kenya, International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management, Vol 8 Issue No. 9, 393-400
- Swagi P & Elishiba Murigi (2020), The effect of service quality on the performance of women enterprise fund in Kisumu County, Kenya, International Academic Journal of Human Resource and Business Administration ,Volume 3, Issue 9, 90-103.
- Kimiti P , Muathe SMA & Murigi EM (2020) , Cost Leadership Strategy, Competitive Advantage, And Performance: A Cross-Sectional Study In The Context Of Milk Processing Firms In Kenya, International Journal of Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurial Research International Journal of Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurial Research, Vol. 6, No 2, 2020, pp 64-76
- Kimiti P , Muathe SMA & Murigi EM (2020), Nexus between Cost Leadership Strategy and Performance: Fact or Fallacy in Milk Processing Firms in Kenya, International Business Research; Vol. 13, No. 10; 2020
- Mbiriti Diaz & Elishiba Murigi(2019), Corporate Goveranance and Performance of selected Savinga and Credit Cooperative Societies in Nairobi County, Kenya, International Journal of Interdisciplinary Reasearch and Innivations, Vol 8 Issue 2, 22-30.
- Mutua Justus & Elishiba Murigi(2019), Corporate Growth Strategies on Performance of SACCOS in Kitui Count, Kenya, International Academic Journal of Human Resource and Business Administration, Volume 3, Issue 7,363-382.
- Luvusi Jackson & Elishiba Murigi (2019) Influence of Market Penetration Strategy on the Performance of Telkom Kenya Limited in Nairobi City County, International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science (IJRISS), ISSN No. 2454-6186, Volume 3, Issue 12,175-178.
- Mwongeli Caroline & Elishiba Murigi (2019) Influence of Product Development Strategy on Performance of Middle Level Chain Stores, International Journal of Research and Innovation in Social Science (IJRISS), ISSN No. 2454-6186, Volume 3, Issue 12,72-74.
- Joel Omuyoyi Espirah & Murigi Elishiba Muthoni (2019) Effect of Strategy Execution on Performance of Parliamentary Service Commission, Stratford Journal of Public Policy & Governance, ISSN: 2616-8413, Vol 3 (2) pp. 61-72.
Echwa M & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi (2019) Strategic Leadership and Performance of Domestic Airline Firms in Kenya, Eastern Africa Journal of Contemporary Research (EAJCR), Vol. 1, Issue 2, 2019, ISSN: 2663-7367 (Online) & ISSN: 2663-7359.
Nyanchama, Peninah Andrew & Elishiba Murigi(2019) The Effect of Customer focus Strategies on performance of Cooperative Bank of Kenya, Journal of Strategic Management, Volume 3, Issue 2 PP 1-14
Annstellah Gakii & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi (2019). Advertising and Service Quality in the Mobile Phone Industry in Kenya, European Journal of Business and Strategic Management, ISSN 2518-265X (Online) Volume 4 Issue 1 PP 39-50.
- Mercy Warugru Kirima & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi (2019). Demographic Perspective and Organizational Performance in Occidental Insurance Company, European Journal of Business and Strategic Management, ISSN 2518-265X (Online) Volume 4 Issue 1 PP 30-38.
- Kanyuiro Stanley & Murigi Elishiba Muthoni (2018). Brand Aspects and Customer Loyalty at Unaitas Sacco, Nairobi City County, Kenya. International Journal of Current Aspects in Social Sciences (IJCASS), ISSN 2616-6976, Volume 2, Issue 2, July 2018, PP 10-18
- Murigi E.M, Muathe SMA, Kuria Thuo J & Gikonyo NK (2017). Social Marketing Price and Behavioural Change on Youth in the slums of Nairobi County, Kenya. Published in the Compendium of the Conference proceedings in the Asian Pacific Journals
Ndegwa, P. W., Wario, G., Orwa, G., Ng’ang’a, R. & Murigi, E. M. (2014). Legal Framework as a Determinant of Implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Programmes in the Manufacturing Sector in Kenya. International Journal of Human Resource Studies. ISSN 2162-3058; 2014, Vol. 4, No. 4
- Murigi, E. M., Muathe S.M.A, Kuria T. J., Gikonyo, N. K (2017), Proactive Management Measures, Rehabilitation Centers and Behavioral Change to Alcohol and Tobacco Usage among Youth in the Slums of Nairobi-City County, Kenya. International Multidisciplinary Conference; “Innovation for Organizational Competitiveness and Community Sustainable Development” at Gretsa University, Thika, Kenya on November 6th – 7th, 2017.
- Murigi, E. M.,Thuo, J.K., Muathe, S.M.A. & Gikonyo, N.K. (2017). Social Marketing Price and Bahavioural Change on Alcohol and Tobacco Usage among Youth in the Slums of Nairobi City County, Kenya. 12th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference at K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, 8th-9th February, 2017
- Bula H.O, Murigi Elishiba & Ngigi D (2019) Innovation inclusion for Sustainability of Livelihoods of Urban Women Entrepreneurs in Informal Settlements in Nairobi, Kenya: Sustainable Development in Africa, Spears Media Press LLC, 177-199
- Murigi EM (2017) Social Marketing in Principles of Marketing: A Skill Building Approach. Nairobi. Focus Publishers, ISBN 978-9966-7249-4-6.
PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES
June 21st- -22nd 2019 : Caroline Anupi Abuli & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi : The Effect of Physical Evidence Strategy on Performance of Alcohol Manufacturing and Distributing Firms in Kenya presented at the International Business Research & Industrial Conference, North Coast Beach Hotel, Mombasa.
June 21st -22nd 2019 Guantai Doreen Kanana & Murigi Elishiba Muthoni : The Influence ofMarketing Strategies on Performance of Kenya Airways at the International Business Research & Industrial Conference, North Coast Beach Hotel, Mombasa
- November 7th 2017: Murigi E. M, Muathe SMA, Kuria Thuo J & Gikonyo NK: Preventive measures, rehabilitation centres and behavioural change to alcohol and tobacco usage among youth in Nairobi County, Kenya. Presented at the International Multidisciplinary Conference, Gretsa University Conference Room.
- June 22nd 2017 Bula Hannah Orwa, Murigi Elshiba, & Ngigi David: Innovation inclusion for Sustainability of Livelihoods of Urban Women Entrepreneurs in Informal Settlements in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented at EDSA workshop at Kenyatta University Conference room.
- February 9th – 10th 2017: Murigi E. M, Muathe SMA, Kuria Thuo J & Gikonyo NK Social Marketing Price and behavioural change to alcohol and tobacco usage among youth in Nairobi County, Kenya. Presented at the 12th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference, Mumbai, India
- July 11th 2014: Murigi E.M & Kuria Thuo: Social Marketing: Marketers: Responses to Social Challenges in Kenya. Presented at the AIBUMA Conference, University of Nairobi.
Development of University Level Teaching Materials
- Murigi, E.M (2020) Principles of Management, Online Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, Kenyatta University
- Murigi, E.M (2020) Marketing of Services, Online Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, Kenyatta University
- Murigi, E.M (2017) Principles of Marketing, Digital School of Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Kenyatta, University.
- Murigi, E.M (2017) Marketing, Planning & Control, Digital School of Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Kenyatta University.
- Murigi, E.M (2017) Marketing Management, Digital School of Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Kenyatta University.
Membership to Professional Bodies
- Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
- Toastmaster International (Public Speaking)
- Safety Awareness Training
- Case Writing.
- Implementation ISO 9001:2000.
- Examinations processes.
- Customer Service.
- Developing Procedures, Policies & Documentation (DPPD).
- Mapping Business Communication (MABCO).
- Banking Operations Foundation course.
- Other courses: H.I.V/A.I.D.S Seminar, Value Based Management, & Team Building and Development and Achieving Market Leadership.
- September 2018: Narok County Government: Developed the Narok County Annual Livestock show strategy and implemented the same.
- Jan 2017 to February 2018: Meru Dairy Co-operative Union Limited: Development and monitoring the implementation of the Marketing Plan and Market entry Strategy.
- July 2015: Laikipia County Government: Organised the 1stever Investment Conference.
- May 2015: Simlaw Seeds Limited: Staff training on Market Research and conducted a Midterm review of the Strategic Plan (2013-2018).
- June 2014: Harleys Limited: trained staff on development of functional Marketing Plans
- March 2019- To date: External Examiner- School of Business , Gretsa University
Application for Grants
- National Research Fund- 2017/18 Multidisciplinary Research Grant Ksh 20 Million- Not successful
- February 2017: Received Best Paper Award at the SIMSR Global Marketing Conference, Mumbai, India. (Social Marketing Price and Behaviuoral Change to Alcohol and Tobacco Usage among the Youth in Nairobi, County, Kenya
Community Engagements and Other Contributions
- April 2019: Appointed Member, Education Committee, St. Joseph of Arimathea, ACK church, Thome, Nairobi.
- November 2017: Trained the Rites of Passage girls of St. Joseph of Arimathea, ACK church, Thome, Nairobi.
- December 2017: Member of the Brighter Monday Panel during the launch of the Job Market Survey Report.