Dr. Felistus Hildah Makhamara
I am Dr. Felistus Hildah Makhamara, a Lecturer at the Department of Human Resource Management in the School of Business at Kenyatta University. A highly self- motivated lecturer and Researcher in Human Resource Management. As a lecturer , I endeavor to lead the department to realize operational excellence in all its core activities. In performing my core duties as a lecturer in the department of teaching, examining, researching, mentoring and guiding them to achieve their goals. Before joining the Department of HRM I have been an Assistant Registrar to the Dean in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences where I have been a secretary to various boards i.e. Linkages board, Secretary to School Management Board, Secretary to the School Research and Travel Grant, Chairperson of the School ISO Quality Team, among others. I have been incharge of all the postgraduate students at the school monitoring assessing their Thesis/project progress and documentation among others.I have also had a key role in the design and delivery of a range of modules on the HRM postgraduate and undergraduate degree programmes at the School. And I am a member of two professional boardies and supervisor of Masters students at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Wambia C. and Makhamara F., (2020) Intellectual stimulation on employee performance in Gaming Industry in Kenya Governments in Kenya. International Business Research ISBN 978 9966-132-529.
- Mutunga., M. J & Makhamara F. (2020) “E-invoicing and the performance of small and medium enterprises in Nairobi City County Kenya” The Strategic Journals of Business & Change Management. Volume 7, Issue 3,
- Navalayo, P.W & Makhamara F., (2020) Performance appraisal on Employee performance at Kibabii University in Bungoma County, Kenya. Journal of International Business, Innovation and Strategic Management Volume 4, Issue 2, 2020, ISSN: 2617-1805
- Macharia, R. N & Makhamara, F. H. (2020). Strategic Planning and Organization Planning in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kenya. International journal of strategic management. Vol. 8 (10) pp 1 – 17.
- Ngusya A.M. & Makhamara F.H. (2019) Business process re-engineering practices and organizational performance of selected commercial banks in Nairobi City County, Kenya. International journal of strategic management. Vol. 8 (18) pp 44 – 61
- Simiyu, A., & Makhamara F., (2020) Strategic positioning and competitive advantage At G4S Kenya, International Business Research. ISBN 978 9966-321-327.
- Ndai Judy N., and Makhamara F., (2021) Employee Commitment on Organization Performance at Timaflor company limited in laikipia County, Kenya. Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, ISSN issue 1 2021, PP132-149
- Ratemo Veronica, Dr. Bula Hannah and Dr.Felistus Makhamara, (2021); Career Development And Employee Performance In Kenya Forestry Research Institute Headquarter In Muguga, Kiambu County; ISSN 23480386; Impact Factor: 6.932 International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Management
- Makhamara, F.H., Waiganjo E.W., Kwasira, J. (2016) Influence of Strategic Employee Voice on Employee Performance in the Health Sector in Kenya; Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, ISSN 2312- 9492.
- Makhamara, F.H., Waiganjo E.W., Kwasira, J. (2016) Influence of Strategic Recruitment and Selection on Employee Performance in the Health Sector in Kenya; Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, ISSN 2312-9492.
- Makhamara, F.H., Mwathe J. and Bula, H., (2019), Strategic Employee Welfare Services on Employee Performance in Level Five Public Hospitals in Kenya, Doctors Association of Eastern Africa Publication: The University Journal Volume 1 Issue 3 2019 ISSN 2519-0997.
- Makhamara, F., Bula, H., Warue, J.M. and Mugure, J., (2019). Strategic Employee Compensation and Reward on Employee Performance in Level Five Public Hospitals in County Governments in Kenya. International Business Research ISBN 978 9966-132-52-9.
- Makhamara, F., Bula, H., Warue, J.M. and Mugure, J., (2019, Moderating effect of High Performance Work Practices on the Relatonship between Trade Union and Productivity in TVET Institutions in Kenya. International Business Research ISBN 978 9966-132-52- 9
- Warue J; M; Makhamara F. and Gachunga (2019), Influence of Trade Unions management of Collective Bargaining Terms on Productivity in Technical and Evaluation Education Training Institutions in Kenya. International Business Research, ISBN 978 9966-132- 52-9 Moi, E., Iravo, M, Minja, D and Makhamara, F, (2019) Administration of Legal Issues in African Development for Global Sustainability. International Business Research. ISBN 978 9966-132-52-9
Conferences and Workshops
- June, 2020 participated in Virtual Stakeholders Workshop to validate National standards and Guidelines for Assessment of National Qualifications in Kenya held on 12, 2020
- June, 2020 participated in Virtual Stakeholders Workshop to sensitize stakeholders on the Recognition of Prior Learning held on 29th June, 2020.organized by National Qualification Council of Kenya
- A Discussant at a Graduate Hub International Conference/workshop. Held on 23rd November 2020, 2pm to 8:30pm EAT: “Knowledge Solutions to Emerging Global Challenges. 23rd – 24th November, 2020”
- 2020 School of Business international conference August, 2018, Conference on the Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa, USIU, Pre-Defense Colloquium.
- 2019, Trainer of Trainers Workshop for staff mentors and growing leader’s facilitators organized by DEPAUL university and Kenyatta University
- June, 2019 Gender empowerment Workshop, Kenyatta University
- October, 2019 International School of Business Conference (IBRIC) workshop – Mombasa
- May 2014 – Customer Care Skills Workshop organized by Centre for Capacity Building and Development at Kenyatta University
- January 2014 - Curriculum Development Committee for School of Humanities and Social Sciences workshop held at Kenyatta University Conference Centre
- August, 2018, Conference on the Doctoral Association of Eastern Africa, USIU, Kenya
- 2019 Gender empowerment conference workshop, Kenyatta University
- June, 2019, International Business Conference on Research and Innovation, Mombasa.