Dr. Ndede. F.W. Shikuku is a former Chairman of the Department of Accounting and Finance in the School of Business, Kenyatta University. Earlier, he was the Chairman of the Department of Business Studies in the school of Education, Kenyatta University. Before Dr. Ndede was the examinations coordinator in the same Department of Business Studies. He is a holder of Doctor of Philosophy in Finance of Kenyatta University, Master of Commerce from Poona University, B.Com (Accounting and Finance) from Rani Durgavaty University (Jabalpur) and a Certificate in Public Relations from the University of Nairobi. Dr. Ndede. F.W. Shikuku is a member of the Non-Fiction Authors’ Association and an Associate member (AMKIM) of the Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
Publications on Refereed Journals
2018: Nyangori Wilfred, Makori and Dr. Fredrick, W S Ndede. Credit Risk Management and Level of Non-Performing loans in Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Trends in Scientific Research and Development Vol.2. ISSN-2456-6470(Online)
- 2017: Agunga Mourine A., Jagongo Ambrose (PhD) & Ndede Fredrick W. S (PhD). Financial Literacy and Financial Preparedness for Retirement among Permanent and Pensionable Employees in State Owned Corporations in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 8. No. 11 Pp. 68-83 ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021 (Online)
- 2017: Fredrick W.S. Ndede, Martin Otieno Mbewa & Jagongo Ambrose. Regulatory Framework Demographic Determinants of Acquisition of Financial Services by MSEs in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 8 No.8 Pp.67-80 ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021
- 2017: Hussein, D J and F.W.S Ndede. Credit Risk Management and Access to Banking Services by Islamic Banking Customers in Kenya. International Journal of Finance. Vol.2 (6) Pp. 75-102.
- 2017: Ndede Fredrick W.S & Kavoya Job Musyoka The effect of market structure on The level of non-performing loans among commercial banks in Kenya International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology ISSN: 2313-3759
- 2017: Mwai E.Nyawira, Jagongo Ambrose (PhD), Fredrick W. Ndede (PhD). The Relationship between Capital Requirement and Financial Performance of Commercial Banks in Kenya.. International Journal of Business and Social Science ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021 (Online)
- Ndede Fredrick and Mokua Angela, 2017, Evaluation of Micro-credit finance on financial performance of small and medium enterprises in Nakuru County, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research Vol 3 Issue 2, ISSN 2454-1362
2016: Presented a joint paper by Dr. Mbewa and Dr. Jagongo at the 2016 Global Development Finance conference at Durban South Africa “Regulatory framework and demographic determinants of acquisition of financial services by MSEs in Nairobi, KenyaMSEsEffects of dividend policy on share prices of Firms listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange,Kenya
- Tuigong Wilson Kibet,Jagongo, A.O, Ndede, F.W.S (2016);'Empirical Analysis Of Determinants of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Research Journal of Finance and Accounting. Vol. 7 No. 7 ,Pp;220-230
Waswa, C. W., Ndede, F. S., and Jagongo, A 2014. “Empirical Analysis Of Determinants of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.”, International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 11(1),ISSN 2219-2021
- Matete, J.K, Ndede, F.S, and Jagongo A. (PhD), Factors Affecting Pricing of Loanable Funds by Commercial Banks in Kenya International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 7; June 2014
Conferences /Workshops attended
2016: The 2016 Global Development Finance Conference held 23rd - 24th November 2016, at The Gateway Hotel Umhlanga Durban, South Africa.
2016: Workshop on Supporting Entrepreneurship Education in East Africa at the School of Business, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2013: Teaching Methodology and Evaluation workshop; by the Center for Teaching Excellence and Evaluation, Kenyatta University.
- 2012: Open Access and Institutional Repository Workshop at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies 29th and 30th August, 2012.
- 2011: Workshop on Entrepreneurship for Agribusiness and Trade in Hargeisa, Somaliland on 1st and 2nd February 2011
- Titles of the presented papers: 1. Financial Management, 2. Book-keeping and accounting
- 2011: Kenyatta University Leadership Orientation Workshop 29th and 30th March, 2011 at Utali Hotel.
- 2010: Management of University Departments at the School of Monetary Studies in Nairobi, Kenya on 8th- 10th September, 2010.
- 2007: International Conference on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise development (CEED), Kenyatta University, on 14 - 16th November 2007.
- 2006: Case writing workshop- Richard Ivey School of Business. The University of Western Ontario.
- 2005: Teaching with cases workshop-Richard Ivey School of Business. The university of Western Ontario.
- 2000: Public Relations Strategic Seminar Nairobi. A workshop for middle level Management for Jaribu Credit Traders.
- 2000: Kenya Institute of Management Public Relationship Budget Seminar at Nairobi Safari Club, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2000: Financial Management for SACCO Societies. Optimum Management Institute Nairobi. Ngong Hills Hotel, Nairobi.
- 1999: Financial Management Workshop for publishers. Kenya Publishers Association Workshop Lake Nakuru Lodge, Kenya.
- 1999: Financial Management for pre-primary Institutions managers. Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- 1998: Effective Management of Examinations Workshop: Lillian Towers, Nairobi, Kenya, on 22nd Aug.-29th Aug. 1998, organized by Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
- 1988: Role of Auditing in Public Sector – Ministry of Finance workshop. Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi.
- 1987: Inaugural Workshop for the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries (ISPK), Kenya Institute of Administration, Nairobi.
Master of Science Supervision(complete)
2017: Fridah Meme: “Board Characteristics and Financial Performance of manufacturing firms listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange in
2017: Mwai, E. N “The Relationship between Capital Requirements and Performance of commercial banks in Kenya”.
2016: Chen Nengwu “Effects of Contractual Foreign Exchange Risk Management on Financial Performance of Chinese Owned Enterprises Operating in Kenya’.
2016: Agunga, M. A. Determinants of Financial Preparedness for retirement Among employees of the selected state owned corporations in Kenya.
2015: Tuigong Wilson Kibet “An Investigation into the Effects of Dividend Policy On Share Price of Firms Listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya.”
2015: Kavoya, J. Musyoka. “The Effect of Market Structure on Level of Non-Performing Loans among Commercial Banks in Kenya’.
2013: Matete J.K, Factors Affecting Pricing of Loanable Funds by Commercial Banks in Kenya.
2013: Calistus Wekesa Waswa. “Empirical Analysis of Determinants Of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed On the Nairobi Security Exchange.”
2012: Kubasu Upungu Alex. “Factors Affecting the Adoption of Technological Innovation by Commercial Banks In Kenya.”
External Examination for other uiniversities and institutions
- External Examiner for the faculty of Business and communication Studies, St. Pauls University
- Member of peer reviewers team, National commission for Science, Technology and Innovation(NACOSTI)
Awards and Recognitions
- 2018:Appointed External Examiner Department Educational Studies University of Nairobi.
- September, 2016: Vice-Chancellor’s 2016 Research Grant.
2015: Invited to Stakeholders forum on curriculum review.
2015—to date: External Examiner ST. Paul’s University, Nairobi.
2013: Reviewed the Harmonized curriculum for the Department of Accounting and Finance
2013: Evaluated the B com. Programme for the proposed Lukenya University.
March 2013: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundations Application for 2013 Research Grant
2014-2015: Chairman Parents Teachers Committee St. Mary’s – Runda School, Nairobi
2012- Present: Patron Kenyatta University Accounting Students Association.
2012- Present: Patron Kenyatta University Finance Students Association.
2012-2015: Member and Chair of Parents and Teachers Fellowship All Saints Cathedral Primary School.
2012-2015: Board of Management Nyakoko Secondary School.
2011: Invited as Guest Speaker at Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) Workshop in Hargeisa Somaliland 2nd February 2011. Presented two papers on Accounting and financial management for horticultural products.
- September, 2016: Vice-Chancellor’s 2016 Research Grant
- February, 2018: National NRF Grant for Multidisciplinary Collaborative Research 2018/2019
- March, 2013:Bill & Melinda Gates Foundations Application for 2013 Research Grant